Monday, April 24, 2017

Bhujangasana ( Serpent Posture )

Bhujangasana:

Steps:

1. Lie down on the abdomen ( Prone Position ). Forehead touching the ground, arms by your side, palms facing up. Feet and knees together. Toes turned out.
2. Inhale, lift your chest and then head up. Palms on the floor facing up. Feet still on the floor.

Coming out of Asana:

Exhale, bring your head down and then your chest down and come back to the prone position.

Classification:

     -  Back Arch
     -  Symmetrical
     -  Prone / Lying
     -  Repeat / Stay

Focus:

     -  Spine
Variation
     -  Lower back
     -  Chest
     -  Arms and Shoulders

Benefits:

     -  Decreases stiffness in the  lower back
     -  Improves spine flexibility
     -  Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdomen.
     -  Strengthens the spine

1 comment:

  1. It's been just a year since I started practicing, so it's still early to give you a convincing answer about its benefits. I'm going to tell you which ones I've experienced in case they help you decide to practice^^
    I started practicing yoga because I had chronic pain in my neck and arm that, as soon as it continued, it was going to cost me to be able to continue working. It was yoga and not any other sport because my physical condition was terrible, and I didn't see myself in a gym or running in the fields. So I tried a class and left super bummed out but at the same time I felt good. Discouraged because I found it totally boring and my body couldn't perform almost any posture, but since I felt good, I still paid for a full month. After a month practicing 3 hours a week in hour and a half classes, the pain had disappeared most of the time. I still didn't like it, but I continued.
    A year later I am in the best physical shape of my life. My neck does not hurt, I sleep very well and some moments of anxiety that I had been dragging along for a long time have almost disappeared. My periods are less painful and I haven't gotten even a cold in all this time.
    I have also noticed the benefits on a psychic level. You regain “patience”, so to speak, both with yourself and with others, without even realizing it. And you learn to give each thing its time. There are no "lifehacks" for everything.
    Visit my: blog

    ReplyDelete